Sunday, May 31

Make Your Own Havaianas 2009

I went to the 4th “make your own havaianas” event last May 29. This is the second year that the event was held in the Rockwell tent. There was a really long line outside the tent. After more or less 2 hours, we were able to get inside the tent. It was (cold and) crazy inside! There were a lot of people and more lines! There was a line for assembling of the strap, sole, and pins. There was another line for embellishments. The last line was for payments.


I liked the layout of the place. In the center, there were roulettes of different colors of straps and soles. The pins and embellishments were displayed under the roulettes. There were also round tables which were used to fill out the MYOH forms. In the center of the ceiling there was a flip-flop chandelier and on the sides were artsy photos of havaianas.



It took me more than 10 minutes to decide on my color combination. My first choice was brown (strap) and olive green (sole). I wanted to put a tarsier on the strap. When I was ready to have my pair assembled, the girl who assisted me said that they already ran out of olive green soles for my size. I then went for my second choice which was black (strap) and yellow (sole). I got a vintage TV pin (since I’m a video editor) and a Noypi pin (proud to be Pinoy!) attached on my left slipper. I had 2 crystals attached to my right slipper. I love the way they packed the pair! It was not longer placed in a paper bag. They put it in a recyclable black bag which had a red rubber havaianas bag tag attached to it. Lovely!



After paying for our pairs, we had our photowall pictures taken.


We all love our personalized havaianas!!!

No comments: