Monday, June 29

Western Digital TV

How can I play my movie files on a TV without burning them on a disc? I have been asking myself this question for quite some time now. I tried buying a SAMSUNG DVD player with a USB slot but this did not work. It can read my DivX files!

So I searched and searched and then found this:

Western Digital's take on a multimedia player. It does not have networking though, unlike popcorn hour, but I don't really need that. I just need to play the stuff I have on my external USB disk on my TV set. It's really easy to use! Just connect it to a TV via RCA or HDMI then connect your disk to the device. It plays tons of codecs too! The best part is that you can select the subtitle track, no need to embed it to the video before watching. This is really a plus point to me since I like watching Asian dramas and movies. Another plus point is that it is so small. It's really portable! I can bring it whenever I travel. The best part about the WD TV is its price. It's the cheapest branded multimedia player that I have seen in the market. It's really a great buy!

If you are the type of person who has a lot of video files in your HDD and you want to watch it on TV just like me then I would really recommend getting the WD TV.

To see the specs, click here.

photo from: http://www.wdc.com

2 comments:

Vic said...

Perfect for watching K-dramas! Hahaha :D

Phoebe Gaerlan said...

Yup! That's what I'm doing now. Watching "Boys Over Flowers!" ;-P